OMG! I did it! I am a full time CARVER!

It's true! I quit my job!

I knew someday I would get back to carving full time. I just wasn't sure how soon I could make that happen.
Sometimes in life, all the stars line up and form a giant arrow that begins to glow so brightly, like a neon sign, that you can't ignore it, no matter how dark your glasses! I have slowly been placing building blocks in little rows and whaddya know? I have created a situation that for me, is a dream come true! I can carve, in my studio, all day.

Right now the cat is on the window sill, the puppy is asleep on the floor, I am listening to the CBC, but soon plan to stream "Tim's Vermeer" on Netflix and I am carving like crazy (two ornaments already done and a Santa on the go)

For some this may sound like just the ultimate in dull. But to get romantic about it, I am creating, in a space I have designed and decorated just for me, and my imagination is the only rule, my attention span the only time restraint.

It occurred to me last night that the other bonus of working from home is SNEAKERS! And YOGA PANTS. No one said this was going to be pretty after all. (I have vowed to wear real pants in public, for the sake of everyone)

In the end, it is the leap of faith, and the most ordinary and obvious of choices. Do what you love. Love what you do...and every other cliche imaginable. I am putting all my talent and energy into a sure thing....ME!

Yay me.

Comments

Popular Posts