Hey Lady!

So if you carve one MILLION faces in wood over 20 plus years, it shouldn't be hard to carve a woman's face, right?
Except it IS! A woman is a very different subject to the weathered, fuzzy-faced fellows I usually carve. 
The goal is not just a female face, but preferably a non-ugly one. I mean, it takes all kinds but I think we all appreciate a pretty face. 
So that is my goal for 2015. To carve more feminine faces and hopefully avoid the butt-ugly variety. 
This lady is off to New Ross as a Christmas gift. A fellow artist and I traded product some ten years ago and he wanted a lady to go with his fella. (I guess ten years is long enough for a woodspirit to stay a bachelor) 
I hope he likes it. I hope the two carvings have a long and happy life together. 
Here's to the Ladies. May their spirits find me this coming year. 


Comments

Popular Posts