Almost....there.....



So it's one week until Christmas Eve. There is not one Christmas decoration anywhere in my house. In fact, my partner Rob is tearing up the floor in the kitchen and painting the stairs and hallway. It's his gift to me. Which is sweet if not off in its timing. 
Out in my shed however, it's always a little bit Christmas. Last minute orders to fill, final farmers markets to attend, and even a class coming this evening. 
In spite of being up against the wall when it comes to Christmas, I am thankful and feeling blessed. I am blessed to have my bizarre, dysfunctional family coming for the holidays, for the customers who've made this first full year back as a carver a success and for the peace and enjoyment my craft gives me. 
So I'll go whittle some more, maybe buy a tree, and hopefully this time next week, be relaxing with a glass of wine! 






Comments

Popular Posts