January 31st,2015

This carving was my New Year's Eve of 2013 (and the entire first day of 2014). I won't be carving the night away this evening however as we actually have PLANS for the first time in years. 
The new year always brings a certain sense of excitement as we look ahead at the potential for the upcoming months. 
For me, it is projects to try, carvings to be 'born', students I can inspire and turn into woodcarvers and often friends. It is days of tromping across the snowy lawn with my dog and a hot coffee to spend the day carving, listening to the CBC, and being grateful I don't have to show up at a 'real' job. It is planning my spring and summer markets, whittling on the beach in summer, and realizing in August that once again, I am not quite ready for Fall and the insanity of Christmas markets (I resolve to be ready this year! Truly!)
I share my shop with two rabbits and a dog and other than students, I can go days without seeing the outside world in the cold days ahead. My tendency toward introverted hermit life can be indulged through the winter and while I loathe being cold, I do enjoy this time to turn inward and see what inspirations have become determinations which carve themselves into art. 
So Happy New Year to all of us, and may whatever joys, passions, and loves you have find dominance in your world this coming year!


Comments

Popular Posts